Ruby is famous for being easy to learn, but most users only scratch the surface of what it can do. While a typical Ruby tutorial or book focuses on Ruby's trendier features, this course reveals the secret inner workings of one of the world's most popular programming languages. It helps you learn Ruby in one of the easiest ways possible, through 10 simple steps that will have you writing clear, maintainable code in no time.
Rather than bog you down with a lot of theory, this course takes a hands-on approach and focuses on helping you learn Ruby so that you're productive on day one.
Whether you're new to programming or just new to Ruby, this Ruby tutorial is your guide to rapid, real-world software development with this unique and elegant language.
Who uses Ruby?
Ruby is an incredibly powerful and highly scalable object-oriented language. Leading technology companies & startups around the world use Ruby or the Ruby on Rails framework to power their websites & web applications. They include:
- Electronic Arts
- New York Times
- 37 Signals
- And many many more...
Table Of Contents
- Over 55 lectures and 4.5 hours of content!
- Hours of video lectures detailing the ten steps to becoming an awesome Rubyist
- Free eBook The Little Book of Ruby and exclusive discount for The (Big) Book of Ruby
- Downloadable source codes and sample test files to complement lectures
- 5 extra videos detailing Ruby on Rails, Symbols, Recursion, and other challenges
- Interactive quizzes to let you test your understanding of the topics covered
- Ruby programs that you can run online - from right inside this course!
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to email@example.com for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!